Today the UFC held their first press conference for November 12th’s ‘UFC On FOX 1’ event which will feature a heavyweight title fight between Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos.
In attendance at today’s presser in Hollywood were UFC president Dana White plus the two main event stars Velasquez and Dos Santos.
Check out our keynotes from the conference below.
– It’s clear as soon as the fighters step on stage that there’s vocal support for Velasquez from the Anaheim crowd.
When asked his feelings on this Dos Santos says he’s happy to feel the energy from the crowd and it doesn’t matter whether they are cheering for him or not as long as they are cheering for the fight.
– “If this fight goes 30 seconds or 30 minutes, this is going to be a fight right here,” say White in his opening speech.
– White describes this as “the biggest baddest fight on the biggest baddest network.”“Reality is better than any script you could write.”
– While he’s not sure of the entire fight card for UFC On FOX 1, White does confirm that Ben Henderson Vs Clay Guida will be the co-main event.
– Velasquez believes JDS is one of the hardest hitters out there and adds with a wry grin that he is training hard to make sure that he doesn’t get hit as hard as he did against Chieck Kongo who rocked him several times during their fight a few years ago.
– Velasquez doesn’t expect this fight to be fought in only one style – he sees it being fought both on the feet and on the mat.
– As the event comes to an end the boisterious crowd start chanting “Thank you Dana!”