The medical suspensions list was released quickly after tonight’s UFC On FOX 3 fight card and showed a number of fighters suffered injuries that could keep them out of action for a while.
Amongst them were co-main event fighters Johny Hendricks and Josh Koscheck. Hendricks requires an eye exam after he suffered an eye-poke early in their fight, and at the post-fight presser he admitted he had experienced some double vision during the bout.
There was concern for his opponent to as Koscheck’s eye swelled up during the fight leading to fears that he may have fractured his orbital again. The fighter himself insists that itsn’t the case, but he’s going to need a CT to scan his facial bones to be sure one way or the other.
Undercard fighter Nick Denis also has a suspected orbital fracture that requires a CT scan.
Meanwhile a string of fighters, namely Alan Belcher, Lavar Johnson, John Dodson, Louis Gaudinot and Danny Castillo all require x-rays to assess the extent of the damage to their hands, while Tony Ferguson will do likewise for a forearm injury and Pascal Krauss for his right foot.
Check out the full list of suspensions below.
- Johny Hendricks: suspended indefinitely pending opthalmological exam (right eye)
- Josh Koscheck: suspended indefinitely pending CT of facial bones
- Alan Belcher: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of right hand
- Lavar Johnson: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left hand
- Tony Ferguson: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left forearm
- John Dodson: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left hand
- Pascal Krauss: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of right foot
- Louis Gaudinot: suspended indefinitely pending X-rays of both left and right hands and 30 days for tough fight
- Danny Castillo: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of right hand
- Nick Denis: suspended indefinitely pending CT facial (orbits) and CT of head and suspended 30 days for tough fight
- Rousimar Palhares: suspended 30 days for TKO loss
- Pat Barry: suspended 30 days for TKO loss
- John Lineker: suspended 30 days for submission loss
- Dennis Bermudez: suspended 60 days for facial laceration healing