All the fighters have now successfully weighed in for tomorrow night’s UFC On Versus event.
The most notable highlight of the weigh-ins was how fired up Jon Jones was.
Normally one of the calmer, more level-headed competitors outside of the cage, Jones got right up into Brandon Vera’s face during the stare-down and forced Dana White to quickly step in to push them apart.
See for yourselves in the footage below:
If Jones comes into the fight with a similar attitude it will be interesting to see what effect that has on his performance.
A more aggressive version of his usual style could be a fearsome sight to behold, but at the same time coming in against a talented, experienced fighter like Vera it may be wise to keep a cool head.
Aside from that the other major talking point would be how gaunt James Irvin looked as he successfully cut to 185lb for the first time.
I speculated yesterday in my predictions that Irvin’s weight cut might play a factor in the fight, and after seeing him weigh-in I’m even more convinced that he needs to do something early in this bout if he wants to come out on top.
Finally it should also be noted that Brendan Schaub’s weight was incorrectly read out as 264lbs, but the fighter himself later clarified that he was in fact 244lbs.
See all the results below.
* Jon Jones (206) vs. Brandon Vera (204)
* Junior Dos Santos (238) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (255)
* Paul Buentello (246) vs. Cheick Kongo (237)
* James Irvin (185) vs. Alessio Sakara (185)
* Shannon Gugerty (155) vs. Clay Guida (155)
* Eliot Marshall (204) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (205)
* Darren Elkins (155) vs. Duane “Bang” Ludwig (155)
* John Howard (170) vs. Daniel Roberts (169)
* Chase Gormley (265) vs. Brendan Schaub (244)
* Julio Paulino (170) vs. Mike Pierce (170)
* Jason Brilz (205) vs. Eric Schafer (205)