The fighter salaries for last weekend’s UFC On Versus 2 event have now been released and show that former PRIDE star Takanori Gomi was the biggest earner, taking home $80,000 for his spectacular KO win over Tyson Griffin.
Event headliner Jon Jones was next with $46,000, though if he continues on his current form then you can rest assured that in years to come the 23 year-old will be earning considerably more than that.
UFC veteran Yushin Okami also picked up $46,000 for his decision win over Mark Munoz. Despite losing another fighter who’s been with the promotion for a number of years, Vladimir Matyushenko, was also amongst the top earners with a $31,000 pay packet.
On the other end of the scale Mike Massenzio took home just $5,000 after losing to former WEC champion Brian Stann who by contrast banked a respectable $34,000.
See the full list of disclosed fighter earnings from the event below.
- Jon Jones: $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus)
- Vladimir Matyushenko: $31,000
- Yushin Okami: $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus)
- Mark Munoz: $22,000
- Jake Ellenberger: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus)
- John Howard: $15,000
- Takanori Gomi: $80,000 ($40,000 win bonus)
- Tyson Griffin: $30,000
- Jacob Volkmann: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
- Paul Kelly: $17,000
- Matt Riddle: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus)
- DaMarques Johnson: $10,000
- Igor Pokrajac: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus)
- James Irvin: $20,000
- Brian Stann: $34,000 ($17,000 win bonus)
- Mike Massenzio: $5,000
- Charles Oliveira: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus)
- Darren Elkins: $8000
- Rob Kimmons: $18,000 ($9,000 win bonus)
- Steve Steinbeiss: $6,000