With Diego Sanchez’ face requiring medical attention and Martin Kampmann en-route to the hospital with a broken hand, the UFC On Versus 3 post-fight press conference didn’t feature either main event star.
Instead below you can hear what the other winners on the main card, Mark Munoz, Chris Weidman and Brian Bowles had to say about their preformances in the video highlights package below.
– Munoz says the biggest thing he’s learned in his last couple of fights is about gauging his distance in the stand-up exchanges, and acknowledges that it’s taken time for him to build from just a pure wrestling base to become a more accurate striker.
– After fighting three wrestlers in a row Munoz says he’d like to fight a different kind of opponent next, but he’s down to fight whoever the UFC gives him.
– Brian Bowles says he wasn’t surprised by Page’s aggressive opening to their fight, saying that’s his opponents standard M.O. He says he was prepared for it, and used his footwork to keep him at bay.
– There’s talk that the 14th season of The Ultimate Fighter will feature both 135lb and 145lb fighters, and Bowles says he’d be honored to be a coach if asked.
– Chris Weidman says he had an injury when the UFC called him on two and a half weeks notice to fight Sakara, but he wasn’t going to turn the opportunity down.
He reveals that he didn’t work on his wrestling or sparring at all due to the injury, but instead focused on purely cardio.