Earlier this year UFC president Dana White announced that they were preparing to bring content to the XBox 360 gaming platform, and it’s now been confirmed that the new service will launch in December.
UFC 140: Jones Vs Machida on December 10th will be the first event that fans will be able to enjoy on pay-per-view via their XBox, though the many other aspects of the service such as watching pre and post-fight video content and making fight predictions will be available from December 1st.
See the full list of features below.
- Live and On-Demand Video– Event previews, UFC Countdown, press conferences, weigh-ins, interviews, workouts, highlights, and more, together for the first time on your big screen.
- Streaming HD Quality in 720p – UFC fans demand stunning HD viewing, and Xbox Live brings the most premium streaming HD to the big screen.
- Pay-Per-View with Ease – The biggest pay-per-view fights available to all Xbox Live members in HD and SD pricing options. Purchase directly with your credit card, Microsoft Points not required.
- Interactive Fight Card with Predictions – Size up the fighters with the tale of the tape and view their past fight results. Predict upcoming fights, compare results with friends for points and bragging rights, and see where you stand against them on the leaderboard, all accessible while watching the fight so you’ll never have to leave the excitement of the Octagon.
- Control the action with Kinect – Focus on the fight instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the video content, bring up the Interactive Fight Card, or play, pause, and rewind that big punch, kick or submission…all with the magic of Kinect.