WEC star Urjiah Faber is set to return to action in November after recovering from an MCL injury kept him out of last week’s WEC 50 event.
Faber talked to sherdog.com about the extent of the knee injury late last week.
“I was doing some kickboxing and takedowns and my leg got yanked from the outside in,” Faber told the site. “They said it was an atypical injury to my MCL. My MCL kind of peeled away from the bone. They told me I wouldn’t need surgery, but I’d be out four to six weeks.”
Faber, who lost to current featherweight champion Jose Aldo at WEC 48 in his last visit to the cage is now aiming to fight before the end of the year.
“I’m back to full-on training now. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to fight in November. I told (WEC officials) I could go in September when I found out I’d be out four to six weeks. I wanted to be on the Sept. 30 card, but I got pushed back to November.”
Sherdog reports that it’s likely that his originally scheduled opponent for WEC 50, Takeya Mizugaki, will remain his first test at bantamweight when he returns.