Wanderlei Silva had expected to celebrate his birthday by fighting Yoshihiro Akiyama on Saturday night, but instead a rib injury and imminent knee surgery forced him to pull out, with Chris Leben taking his place.

After the fight, which Leben won by submission, the former TUF season 1 competitor and UFC veteran said he wanted to fight Silva next.

At the time Leben was unaware that Silva was in fact going to be out injured for a number of months, but despite that the Brazilian has indicated that once he does recover, he would be interested in that fight.

“He do very well, he give a great show. I’m thinking he’s a great opponent for fighting with me next,” Silva tells the RawVegas site.

Unfortunately Silva admits that his knee surgery will keep him out for six or seven months, so it may be that Leben will take another fight in the mean-time.

The idea of a Leben Vs Silva match-up has been well received by fans though so it’ appears that the two hard-hitting brawlers will meet in the octagon at some stage next year.

Check out more of what Silva had to say at his birthday party, plus an interview with Dan Hardy below.

Watch Wanderlei Says Chuck Shouldn’t Retire Hardy Says Kos Can’t Beat GSP on RawVegas.tv

SHARE
Previous articleBrock Lesnar Vs Cain Velasquez Rumored For UFC 119
Next articleSpencer Fisher Signs New Four Fight UFC Deal
Ross launched MMA Insight (previously FightOfTheNight.com) in 2009 as a way to channel his passion for the sport of mixed martial arts. He's since penned countless news stories and live fight reports along with dozens of feature articles as the lead writer for the site, reaching millions of fans in the process.

LEAVE A REPLY