Dana White was on UK channel BT Sport earlier this week to talk about some of the big talking points at the moment. Check out the keynotes from the conversation below and scroll down to watch it for yourselves.
– He’s happy to have secured Gilbert Melendez to a new deal, but he doesn’t see what all the fuss was about. Melendez was entitled to shop around and find out what he was worth, but at the end of the day the reality was that he didn’t want to fight in Bellator.
– Being a coach on the upcoming 20th season of TUF was a big deal for Melendez as it’s a platform that can help turn a fighter into a star.
– White still wants to see the Jose Aldo Vs Melendez fight take place and it seems like the fighters are interested too, but it’s being pushed back for now to make way for Pettis Vs Melendez.
– There’s no chance Ronda Rousey will be fighting Cris ‘Cyborg’ next. They’ll decide who Rousey gets after she’s done filming her role in the upcoming ‘Entourage’ movie.
– White thinks that Testosterone Replacement Therapy in MMA “has to go away.” He says it’s not meant for people that are young enough to be fighting, it’s for people that are 45+ years old and so really it’s just being abused in the sport.
– It’s certainly possible that Anderson Silva could fight before the end of the year, but his recovery still has a long way to go, so they’re just going to wait and see how it goes.
– White will be in attendance at UFC: London (AKA UFC Fight Night 37) next week and he’s looking forward to the sold-out show.