The medical suspensions resulting from WEC 47 have now been released, and it’s no surprise to see that both Brian Bowles (who is believed to have broken his hand), and Miguel Torres (who suffered one of the worse cuts we’ve seen recently) are both suspended indefinitely.
The two fighters have since posted pictures of their war wounds.
Meanwhile Chad Mendes had a successful debut in the undercard, but a cut received during the fight will keep him out for 60 days.
Three other fighters who fought in the prelims are also suspended for 60 days, including Danny Castillo and Bendy Casimir who were both victims of a KO.
- Brian Bowles: Suspended indefinitely (hand injury) unless cleared by an orthopedic doctor.
- Miguel Torres: Suspended indefinitely (forehead laceration) unless cleared by a surgeon.
- Chad Mendes: Suspended sixty days (cut).
- Danny Castillo: Suspended sixty days for precautionary reasons.
- Courtney Buck: Suspended sixty days for precautionary reasons.
- Bendy Casimir: Suspended sixty days for precautionary reasons.