Who’ll fight heavyweight Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146 in May is still a question that no-one can answer definitively, but despite failing a drugs test recently his originally scheduled opponent Alistair Overeem’s advisors appear confident that he will still be the one to compete for the title.

That’s what Inside MMA’s Ron Kruck has benn lead to believe anyway after speaking to Overeem’s manager Glen Robinson.

“I spoke with Glenn Robinson, manager of Overeem and he says he is very respectful and is hopeful that he will be granted his license and the entire team is very confident that he will be facing Junior dos Santos come May 26th,” Kruck says.

“Now Robinson wanted to make it very clear that despite other reports, Overeem did not test high for testosterone, but rather his testosterone to epitestosterone was off and he has a reasonable explanation to why that is, which he will present to the commission next Tuesday.”

While he doesn’t say what that “reasonable explanation” is, the general feeling is that Overeem is set to follow the tried and tested method used by the likes of Chael Sonnen and Nate Marquardt which is to put forward a case that he’s been advised by his doctor to have Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT).

At the weekend UFC President Dana White refused to talk about Overeem’s situation, admitting that he was too angry to speak about it without saying something he might regret, while Dos Santos said last week that he feels it would be unfair if Overeem is allowed to compete against him, though he would still take the fight.