Betting On The UFC For Fun And For Profit
As one of the fastest growing and most exciting new sports, Ultimate Fighting Championships (UFC) have become a prime betting market for fans and pro gamblers alike. Small fortunes are commonly won and lost overnight. At Fight Night 61 in Brazil in February of 2015, one lucky or ingenious fan won $48,291 by making a $1 parlay bet on nine different underdogs. With the right strategy, you too can maximize your chances of winning bets by paying close attention to the strengths and weaknesses of athletes, as well as the overall circumstances of the fight. From boxing to wrestling, Muay Thai to Jiu-Jitsu, Judo to Karate, athletes in the UFC are subject to many different fighting styles and variables. The competitive and unpredictable nature of UFC matches often makes for surprising results, and if you’ve bet correctly, a sudden upset can mean a tidy profit for you.
Where To Bet
Finding an online bookie can be a daunting process, especially considering today’s risk of scam websites and con artists. However, we can personally recommend the following as professional and trustworthy online bookmakers that we would readily place bets with ourselves.
Withdrawing or depositing money to or from each of these websites is a quick and simple process with a credit or debit card or PayPal account. Each website also offers a full mobile version available, so you can keep placing bets on the go. Make an account for all three of these websites to take advantage of all their first-time customer bonuses, such as free betting money or other promotions.
Different Ways Of Betting On UFC Fights
Head to Head
– Betting on the winner of a fight is probably the best and most intuitive place for most amateur gamblers to start. Although the outcome of the bet is as simple as identifying a winner, the payment odds for different fighters keep things interesting. Understanding the odds can be used in your favor if you find an underdog worth betting on. An underdog will always pay out more in a fight than a strongly favored contestant. If you bet on a winning underdog, you will often multiply your money several times over.
– This is a bet on how many rounds a fight will last. Fights in the UFC are set at either three or five rounds, but can end prematurely due to knockout or submission. In this case, you will be making an over or under bet on which round you think the fight will end. For example, if you bet the fight will before the fourth round, you will receive a payout at different levels of odds based on how close the finish of the fight was to the beginning of the fourth round. Odds will pay out higher the closer the ending of the fight is to your original bet. This is a good option for gamblers who feel certain of a quick winner. On the other hand, you can also bet on the fight lasting the total amount of rounds. This option is best for evenly matched events, or fights with no clear predictable outcomes.
Method Of Victory
– In any UFC event, there are three possible ways for a fighter to win. Victories are earned through knockout (KO), submission, or judges’ decision. Betting on a knockout or a submission are good ideas if you are expecting a clear winner while betting on a match going to decision tends to be a bigger risk, although almost always also more profitable. As with any of the different ways of betting on UFC fights, it is important to have a clear understanding of the event before putting any money down on the table.
UFC Betting Tips and Tricks
Know The History Of Your Fighter And Their Opponent
– Knowing a fighter’s background is the best way to predict how they will perform in the future, and putting in the extra effort to understand more about the circumstances of a fight can pay off in a big way. Some professional sports gamblers have been known to find out even the most personal details of their chosen athletes, down to what they like to eat for breakfast. While this level of research probably isn’t necessary for small bets, keep this principle in mind as you go through fighters’ histories. The more you know about the background of your chosen athlete and their opponent, the higher chances you have of using this information to your advantage.
Find Out If The Underdog Is Worth The Risk
– The overlooked underdog is the holy grail of any UFC gambler. Look for situations where you think that the underdog has a higher chance of winning than indicated by the odds. For example, if a fighter pays out on odds of 1:20, but you think they have an even shot at winning the match, your money might go a lot further than the bookies expect. Since underdogs pay out the highest odds, finding an up-and-coming fighter is a sure way to turn a little cash into some serious dough.
Don’t Play It Safe
– A “Sure Thing” doesn’t exist in any sport, and maybe most particularly in the UFC. You can technically win the most bets by putting your money on fighters with favored odds, but the payout will be small, and upsets happen often enough to hurt you in a big way.
Don’t Lose Your Shirt Either – While you can win big betting on the UFC, you can just as easily lose. Set aside a fixed amount that you’re comfortable losing before you begin betting, and know when to quit when you’re ahead. The tips in this article will maximize your chances of making winning bets, but nothing can predict the outcome of a fight with complete certainty.
Best Bookmakers For Australian Punters
For UFC and MMA fans in Australia, there are a number of excellent online bookmakers to choose from. At MMA Insight, we recommend four major Australian bookmakers:
1. Sportsbet – full review of Sportsbet HERE.
2. Luxbet – full review of Luxbet HERE .
3. Neds – full review of Neds HERE.
All of these bookmakers have built a strong reputation with Aussie punters and provide great signup bonuses and free UFC betting tips. Special thanks to GoBet (gobet.com.au) for providing the thorough bookmaker reviews.