Dana White talks to Conor McGregor

The UFC Vs McGregor rollercoaster ride continues today, with Dana White now stating that a Twitter post late last night from Conor McGregor stating that he is back on the UFC 200 card is untrue.

“”We haven’t talked [to] Conor or his manager since the press conference [Friday],” White told TMZSports. “I don’t know why he would tweet that.”

White had stated at Friday’s UFC 200 press conference in Las Vegas that McGregor was officially off the historic card after his refusal to attend his promotional obligations for the show, and today he reiterated that’s still the case.

“I don’t know how many more times I can say the fight is off or how many more press conferences I can have saying the fight is off for people to believe it’s off,” White told TMZ.

As things stand there’s a good deal of support for McGregor in this matter, but he’ll have to be careful not overplay his hand, as there’s only a certain number of times he can ‘cry wolf’ (claiming he was retiring, then not following through with it; claiming he’s back on the card when he’s not) before people start to tire of the whole situation.

As things stand UFC 200 an interim featherweight title fight between Frankie Edgar and Jose Aldo and a woman’s bantamweight title encounter between Miesha Tate and Amanda Nunes are the two biggest match-ups on-board, while it’s been suggested that a third title fight between light-heavyweights Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones could potentially replace McGregor Vs Diaz at the top of the card.

Previous articleUFC 198: Brazilian Legends Come Home Trailer
Next articleUFC 197 Salaries
Ross launched MMA Insight (previously FightOfTheNight.com) in 2009 as a way to channel his passion for the sport of mixed martial arts. He's since penned countless news stories and live fight reports along with dozens of feature articles as the lead writer for the site, reaching millions of fans in the process.