Following last night’s UFC 191 event Dana White spoke to Megan Olivi about the show’s big talking points and we’ve got both the video and our keynotes from the conversation below.
– White thought the John Lineker Vs Francisco Rivera fight was “awesome” and marvels at the fact that stats say over 200 punches were thrown in the space of two minutes. He confirms the bantamweight scrap earned ‘Fight Of The Night’ honors.
– He also appeared to enjoy Raquel Pennington’s fight with Jessica Andrade, confirming that ‘Rocky’ would be getting a bonus award too, but also praising Andrade for stepping up and taking the fight on short notice.
– The UFC president felt Ross Pearson looked “fantastic” against Paul Felder and admitted he though the Brit would have had a tougher night than he did.
– White says Paige VanZant is still, “green and young, but she has all the makings of a huge superstar,” describing her relentless pressure as being akin to flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson.
– Anthony Johnson would need to get more wins under his belt to get another title shot, but White certainly doesn’t rule out the possibility that he may contest for the title in the future and like the rest of us is still impressed by the fact that ‘Rumble’ has been able to move all the way up from 170lbs and yet maintain his incredible KO power.
– Despite the fact that White scored the co-main event 29-28 in favor of Frank Mir, he says Andrei Arlovski’s victory puts him in a really good position in the division.
– White says he may well agree with Joe Rogan that Demetrious Johnson is “the best in the business”, especially as he was able to pretty much shut down a really talented top contender like John Dodson.