The fighter salaries from Strikeforce’s last ever event have been released and show that a number of main card fighters were paid a six figure sum.
Topping the list was Josh Barnett who weighed in with a healthy $250,000 paycheck. It’s yet to be established whether Barnett will make the leap to the UFC now or not given his rocky relationship with the organization in the past, and his salary could be a further bone of contention.
Next up was former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi who pocketed an impressive $175,000 while Heavyweight Grand-Prix winner Daniel Cormier was also handsomely rewarded with $120,000.
Finally, Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza, who’s just signed a new deal to ensure he’ll now fight in the UFC, took home $100,500.
Check out the full list of fighter earnings below.
- Tarec Saffiedine: $39,000 (includes $19,500 win bonus)
- Nate Marquardt: $40,000
- Daniel Cormier: $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus)
- Dion Staring: $8,000
- Josh Barnett: $250,000 (no win bonus)
- Nandor Guelmino: $12,000
- Gegard Mousasi: $175,000 (no win bonus)
- Mike Kyle: $25,000
- Ronaldo Souza: $100,500 (includes $28,000 win bonus)
- Ed Herman: $34,000
- Ryan Couture: $22,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus)
- KJ Noons: $41,000
- Tim Kennedy: $80,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
- Trevor Smith: $8,000
- Pat Healy: $42,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
- Kurt Holobaugh: $9,000
- Roger Gracie: $94,000 (includes $47,000 win bonus)
- Anthony Smith: $10,000
- Adriano Martins: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
- Jorge Gurgel: $10,000
- Estevan Payan: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)
- Michael Bravo: $6,000