Jon Jones was arrested and charged with domestic abuse on Friday night just hours after being inducted into the UFC Hall Of Fame for his first fight with Alexander Gustafsson, and now the full details of what transpired that evening have emerged.
An official report reveals that police were called to a disturbance at Caesers Palace in the early hours of the morning due to Jones fiancee Jessie Moses having been observed by staff at the security desk bleeding from her mouth / nose, while telling them that she was scared to go back to her room.
Moses, Jones partner of 17 years and mother of their three children, revealed that the former light-heavyweight champion had left her at the hotel around 11.30pm to go out with friends and had returned in the early hours of the morning, “not very happy.”
According to Jones’s statement, he had told Moses that he was returning to get $10,000 and planned to go back out to a strip club.
At some stage Moses attempted to leave the room, at which point she claims Jones, “touched the back of my head and pulled my hair a little bit but he did not hit me or anything.”
However, officers observed that she had blood on her clothing and on her lower lip, which was swollen. It was also noted that while she refused to be recorded or give a voluntary statement,“She still seemed very scared as to the release of Jonathan from jail.”
Jones behavior appeared to be erratic when he was first arrested nearby by police soon after being called to the incident, including becoming irate when he was being arrested and smashing his head into the front hood of a patrol vehicle.
He was also reportedly crying at some points, while at other point talking calmly to the officers and occasionally becoming angry again, threatening to file a “huge lawsuit” against the police department for putting him in handcuffs on “the biggest night of his life.”
During his conversations Jones told officers that he and his fiancee had been going through some personal issues and had been “arguing about the tension between them.”
Jones stayed quiet when news of his arrest first emerged in the media, but after the details were released he posted a photo of him working out at the gym alongside a number of short statements.
“I have way too much trauma to consume alcohol, my brain simply can’t handle it anymore. I will leave alcohol in my past forever,” Jones wrote.
“Turn this nightmare into the best thing to ever happen in my life.”
“Now is the time to work harder than ever.”
“What the devil means for bad, God means for good.”
“Get right back on my horse.”
Meanwhile, Dana White has stopped short of ejecting Jones from the UFC, instead stating that they will follow procedure and wait to see what happens to Jones from a legal standpoint before making any decisions on his future.
“We’ll do what we always do,” White said after last night’s Contender Series event. “We’re very consistent in that we watch and see how this thing plays out legally and what happens. Then we’ll make a decision from there.”
“When asked about his personal feelings on the matter, White reiterated a sentiment he expressed prior to UFC 266, that Las Vegas was not an ideal spot for Jones to stay out of trouble. Jones prior arrests have occurred in Albuquerque, N.M., where he lives and trains and in his home state of New York.
“This is what Jon does when he comes to Vegas. This is a rough place for him,” White said. “He was here less than 12 hours, and he was in jail. Every time we bring him here, we try to keep him here for as short a time as possible. Get him in and get him out. This time he was with his family. We figured wrong.”
“…I got 650 guys. There’s s—t that goes on here everyday,” White continued. “It’s the fight business. Every day we’ve got stuff going on, stuff that you don’t know about that we deal with on a daily basis. It’s what we do. We’ll see how this thing plays out legally and we go from there.”