Jon Jones In Trouble Again After Aggravated DWI Arrest

Despite the world essentially being in lockdown right now due to the coronavirus pandemic, UFC Light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones has managed to get himself back in trouble with the police again.

Jones was arrested around 1am on Thursday morning in Alberquerque after police were called due to reports of gunshots having been fired.

Officers then discovered Jones intoxicated in the driver’s seat of his car and he would go on to perform poorly in initial sobriety tests.

‘Bones’ then tested twice above the legal limit during a breathalizer test and was subsequently charged with Driving While under the Influence as well as negligent use of a firearm, driving with no proof of insurance and being in possession of an open container.

The UFC star denied using his handgun that night, but the police have since indicated that they will be testing the gun to see whether he was telling the truth.

“As part of the investigation into this incident, our Gun Violence Reduction Unit will test the firearm and bullet casing to determine whether the gun has been used in any crimes,” Gilbert Gallegos, communications director for the Albuquerque Police said in a statement. “Reducing gun violence in Albuquerque is our top priority.”

Jones arrest comes just days after he posted a message on social media urging fans to stay at home during the coronavirus crisis.

“right now our part is to stay home, stay happy, stay positive,” Jones had wrote, but apparently he failed to heed his own advice and instead has managed to damage his reputation yet again at a time when he had appeared to have got back on track both inside and outside of the Octagon.

Ross launched MMA Insight (previously in 2009 as a way to channel his passion for the sport of mixed martial arts. He's since penned countless news stories and live fight reports along with dozens of feature articles as the lead writer for the site, reaching millions of fans in the process.