Not so long ago Dana White had big plans to have Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor star as opposing coaches on The Ultimate Fighter show, but the current lightweight champion has since permantantly slammed the door shut on the idea.
“This Ultimate Fighter with him, this is good attention for him,” Khabib told ESPN. “I don’t want to give him this. I never give him this, even if they gave me $5 billion dollar. Even if they give me UFC (ownership), I’ll never do this. This is good attention for him.”
Dana White had previously stated that after a brief period in which ‘The Eagle’ seemed more receptive to the idea, that he had quickly changed his mind again after McGregor publicly shared DM’s of conversations he’d had with the UFC President earlier in the year about upcoming fight negotiations.
“He was going to do it until Conor did all of this (expletive),” White told Barstool Sports. “I almost had it. That’s what I was saying: I felt like I was in a good place and I was going to get that done. We were going to do ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ on ESPN and (expletive) do the rematch. But you know, Conor blew that. … Yeah, Khabib said (expletive) him.”
Now Nurmagomedov seems to back to being uninterested in engaging in a rematch with his biggest rival.
“Done – everything is done,” Nurmagomedov said. “October 6 , I finished him and I finished everything about him. I had new challenges – Dustin Poirier, now, Justin Gaethje. We’ll see who’s going to be next but I don’t think it’s going to be Conor McGregor.”