Luis Pena, aka ‘The Violent Bob Ross’ has been released by the UFC after a domestic violence arrest on Saturday in Florida.
The details of Pena’s case are disturbing, with the 6ft 3″ lightweight fighter having been accused of punching two women, with one being his long-time partner who also suffering a bite mark.
“On the above date and time, the above defendant was involved in a physical altercation with (redacted) whom he had been in an intimate relationship with for the last 1 1/2 years,” the police report stated. “The defendant did actually and intentionally strike (redacted) in the face multiple times with a closed fist and continued to strike (redacted) while she was on the ground. (redacted) had minor abrasions to the top of her left hand, abrasions on the left wrist, and an alleged bite mark to her left knee region. While the above incident was occurring, victim (redacted) observed the altercation and attempted to step in and defuse the situation between the Defendant and (redacted). At that time, the defendant struck (redacted) in the left eye with a closed fist. The aforementioned strike caused a purple contusion to the eye region of (redacted). When struck, (redacted) fell to the ground causing a laceration to her right elbow. (redacted) and (redacted) both provided sworn statements that attested to the above information, and BWC was in use and injuries were photographed.”
The UFC have since issued a statement revealing that Pena has been released from his UFC contract.
“UFC is aware of the disturbing allegations concerning the recent arrest of Luis Pena,” the promotion’s official statement reads. “Mr. Pena has been open about his struggles with mental health and substance abuse issues and the organization has on multiple prior occasions attempted to help him get professional treatment. At this time, UFC believes Mr. Pena needs to deal with the health and legal issues in front of himi, and consequesntly has informed Mr. Pena’s management that his promotional agreement has been terminated.”
Dana White also spoke out on the matter last night.
“This was a bad case and we knew that he had problems before that we were trying to help him with,” White told said after last night’s Contender Series event. “This is a pretty nasty one. I don’t know if you guys read the police report, but yeah, this one had to happen.”
Pena had been fighting in the UFC since 2018 and had compiled a 5-3 record during that time, including a split decision victory over Alexander Munoz back in April.