Following last night’s ‘UFC On Fuel TV 9’ event in Sweden, Dana White gave his reaction to the fights.
Check out the keynotes below and scroll down to watch the full interview for yourselves.
– Dana was happy with the card and says despite Alexander Gustafsson pulling out you can’t judge an event until it’s happened.
– He’s still annoyed about Gustafsson not being allowed to fight though. He thinks the Swedish commission did “a horrible job”.
He confirms that Gegard Mousasi had a knee injury coming into this fight (is knee kept popping out), but his own personal doctor gave him permission to compete. However, White is just relieved that the Swedish commission’s doctor didn’t know about it because he’d have been worried that they would have stopped him from fighting as well.
Ross Pearson also broke his foot during his final warm-up in the dressing room, but still went on to win his fight.
– White feels that the Swedish commission are very inexperienced at this stage and don’t realize that these things happen and it’s all part of the fight game.
– Brad Pickett is one of White’s favorite fighters to watch and he certainly entertained last night on his way to victory and a ‘Fight Of The Night’ bonus, but the UFC president was particularly impressed with how the UK fighter managed to outwrestle Mike Easton at times.
– White also has praise for the way Rezi Madadi bounced back from being rocked in the first round with a kick to go on to claim a ‘Submission Of The Night’ victory.
– He’s also sold on the debuting Conor McGregor, saying “the hype is real” after his ‘Knockout Of The Night’ win. He was impressed with how cool, calm and collected he was giving it was his first fight in the UFC.
He hints that the Irishman is likely to get a spot on the UFC’s upcoming card in Boston, AKA ‘UFC On FOX Sports 1’.
– FInally, White also gives a thumbs up for the Swedish fans and says he “had a blast” in Stockholm.