Latest Posts

Corey Anderson Puts Out Statement After Loss To Jan Blachowicz

Corey Anderson’s hope of a light-heavyweight title shot against Jon Jones were crushed on Saturday night when he was knocked out by Jan Blachowicz in the first round, but the fighter is doing his best to take the loss in his stride.

”A great coach once told me ‘You have 5 minutes to sulk and then it’s on to the next one!’” he said,” Anderson wrote on Instagram. “We live and we learn. Back to the drawing board. I appreciate each and every fan and hater! A [loss] has never stopped me and it ain’t stopping me now. See yall at the top!”

Anderson had been on a four-fight winning streak prior to Saturday night’s loss, having earned victories over the likes of Patrick Cummins, Glover Teixeira, Ilir Latifi and Johnny Walker.

However, prior to that in 2017 he suffered back-to-back KO losses against Jimi Manuwa and Ovince Saint Preux.

Perhaps then Anderson will take some heart from the fact that he was able to bounce back from such adversity in the past so well, but it will also surely be a concern in the back of the 30-year-old’s mind that his chin has once again been rendered unconscious on the sport’s biggest stage.

Latest Posts

Don't Miss