Wanderlei Silva Plans To Fight Again Despite TKO Loss To Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson

Despite suffering a second round TKO loss to his old rival Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson at Bellator 206 on Saturday night, Wanderlei Silva has told his fans that he still intends to continue fighting.

“I’d like to thank all my friends and fans for rooting for me. Leaving the octagon acclaimed made me very happy and it gives me the strength to fight again,” Silva wrote on Instagram. “I represented our country with heart. Unfortunately, the win didn’t come this time. It was the best fight of the night at Bellator 206. At 42, I can still do a few more fights. I’m already thinking about the next one. Who could be my next opponent? Thank you for the support, brothers.”

Silva returned to action in Bellator last year after a four year absence from fighting, but succcumbed to a unanimous decision loss against Chael Sonnen.

Saturday night’s fight was his fourth against Jackson, but despite having violently won their first two encounters back in the days of PRIDE, this marked his second loss in a row to him.

Nevertheless, according to ‘Rampage’, Silva told him in the cage after the fight that he still wants another fight with him to settle the score once and for all now that they are tied at 2-2.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here