Prior to tonight’s UFC 154 event middleweight champion Anderson Silva spoke with the media to discuss what his current plans are for 2013.
You can watch a full interview he did with MMAfighting’s Ariel Helwani below, but here’s a few keynotes from their conversation.
– Silva wants to face GSP next and feels it’s the right time for this superfight to happen. He doesn’t plan to step into the Octagon to challenge him if St.Pierre wins tonight though.
– He’s not thinking about a fight with Jon Jones at this time.
– Despite recently hinting that he might take a year out, Silva suggested tonight that he could be talked into fighting GSP in May.
– Ideally it sounds like Silva would like to fight St.Pierre at the huge Dallas Cowboys stadium, though he’d also be open to doing it in a stadium in Brazil. He’s not keen on doing it in Canada though.
– If St.Pierre loses tonight then Silva brings up Michael Bisping as someone he’d be interested in fighting instead, though in an early media press gathering he also brought up Chris Weidman’s name.