Dana White spoke to the media following last night’s TUF 17 Finale and you can read our full keynotes below and watch the video for yourselves below.
– Dana was very happy with the UFC’s second ever women’s fight and says that the female fights always deliver.
– He felt that Uriah Hall mentally broke in the TUF Finale and he’s spoken to him after the show to tell him that he needs to “get his head right” and be meaner when he’s in the Octagon.
– Regarding Travis Browne’s elbow KO against Gabriel Gonzaga, White thinks there may have been a couple of illegal ones thrown to the back of the head – but only after Gonzaga was already out.
– White didn’t have a problem with what some are calling a premature stoppage in the Zingano Vs Tate fight. He says Tate is extremely tough, but she’d taken a lot of unanswered knees and so it was the right time for the fight to end.
– He says he’s excited about TUF’s move to FOX Sports 1 in September. He feels that Fuel TV is already a great platform for fans of the UFC with all the programming they have, and it’s only going to get better on FS1.
– For a change the UFC held the TUF Finale in a bigger venue than they would normally due to scheduling issues, and it actually worked out better than expected and White thinks they may do this again.
– All the UFC’s programming is heading to FOX Sports 1 aside from the four big events on FOX they do each year.
– Lyoto Machida is still the No.1 contender in the light-heavyweight division meaning he should get the winner of Jones Vs Sonnen later this month.
– White says he’s losing weight because he’s on a new diet to help out his battle with Meniere’s Disease. It means he has to cut out a lot of things he likes such as salt and alcohol so he admits he’d probably rather just keep the weight on and be able to live they way he was before.