Following the thrilling start-of-year UFC 195 event in Las Vegas Dana White gave his thoughts on the night’s big talking points.
Read our keynotes from his conversation with Megan Olivi below and scroll down to watch it for yourselves.
– Asked whether Robbie Lawler Vs Carlos Condit was one of the best fights ever, White instead declares the final five minutes as one of the best rounds ever and was impressed with the sense of urgency Lawler showed in that spell to find a finish.
At the same time he shows just as much respect to Condit who he thinks “fought the perfect fight tonight” and believes that overall the fight round was as good as you’ll ever see.
– On his own scorecard White states that he actually had it three rounds to two in Condit’s favor. Like many other observers he sees the third round as being the pivotal one that could have gone either way.
– Condit suggested he might retire after his loss despite a great performance and White said he was already aware that was a possibility and it seems as if ‘The Natural Born Killer’ may have even mentioned it to him around the time they were first putting together this fight.
– If Condit were to stick around White isn’t sure yet whether they would put on an immediate rematch with Lawler.
– Stipe Miocic was yelling at Dana White to give him a title shot after demolishing Andrei Arlovski in just 54 seconds in the co-main event, and White says that he will now be getting the opportunity to fight for the belt.
– Overall, White says 2015 was a big year and it set up a lot of great fights for this coming 12 months and he’s just keeping his fingers crossed that they are able to steer clear of injuries so that they can deliver on them.