It’s rare that we see a new interview with the elusive Gina Carano, but it seems somehow appropriate that one has popped up just a few weeks away from the historic UFC 157 event which will feature the promotion’s first ever female fight.
Check out keynotes from what Carano had to say below, but I know you’ll all want to scroll down and check the video too.
– It doesn’t sound like Gina is in a rush to get back into the cage, pointing out that she’s been out for three years and is currently pursuing an acting career which seems to be going well considering her next movie ‘Fast & Furious 6’ scored a 60 second ad during the Superbowl last night (more on that later).
– Having said that she says that she did actually spar as recently as two weeks ago and isn’t willing to completely rule out the possibility that she’ll one day return to the sport.
– She’s excited by woman’s MMA finally making it’s way to the UFC, but says she wishes that the first ever fight would be Ronda Rousey Vs Cris ‘Cyborg’ Santos.
– According to Carano its not unreasonable to expect ‘Cyborg’ to cut down to 135lbs, noting that the Brazilian made the cut down to 145lbs easier than she herself did when they fought.
– Gina thinks it’s ok that Rousey is getting all the attention at the moment as she was the one who brought woman’s MMA back to the attention of the masses.
Check out the video of the interview below, and as an added bonus you can also check out the commercial for her new movie which premieired last night during the Superbowl below as well in which she makes a few blink-and-you’ll-miss-it appearances.