Tuesday night’s final episode of Ultimate Fighter season 17 drew an average of 1.09 million viewers on FX.
So, the season goes out with a whimper rather than a bang with the second lowest audience of the season – surprising given that the episode featured the two semi-final match-ups.
On the bright side, at least this does mean that the show did manage to maintain over a million viewers all season long – not a great achievement, but considering how bad the ratings were last season it’s something.
Whether it’s enough to convince FX to keep TUF on the channel in a good Tuesday night spot is another thing though.
Next season is certainly going to be an interesting one with Ronda Rousey as a coach and for the first time ever a cast of male and female fighters living under the same roof, so that could be good for ratings, but it may be that FOX will end up putting it on their new FOX Sports 1 channel instead when it launches in August.
TUF 17 Ratings On FX:
- TUF 17 Episode 1: 1.51 million
- TUF 17 Episode 2: 1.27 million
- TUF 17 Episode 3: 1.191 million
- TUF 17 Episode 4: 1.25 million
- TUF 17 Episode 5: 1.13 million
- TUF 17 Episode 6: 1.14 million
- TUF 17 Episode 7: 1.259 million
- TUF 17 Episode 8: 1.12 million
- TUF 17 Episode 9: 1.3 million
- TUF 17 Episode 10: 1.03 million
- TUF 17 Episode 11: 1.174 million
- TUF 17 Episode 12: 1.09 million