The UFC 156 prelims on Saturday night were watched by an average of 1,897,000 viewers on FX.
That makes it the most watched live event ever for the UFC during their time on FX, just beating out the 1,860,000 produced by ‘UFC On FX 7’ a few weeks earlier.
So, the UFC has continued their hot-streak on the ratings front so far this year and suggests that at last the promotion has began to find it’s feet on the network, though it’s too early to say if this is just a temporary thing or something they are going to be able to maintain in the coming months.
Nonetheless, it’s impressive that they’ve been able to produce nearly two million viewers for a prelim show that didn’t immediately stand out as anything particularly special on paper, with Evan Dunham Vs Gleison Tibau topping the bill, though Tyron Woodley’s 36 second KO of Jay Heiron earlier that proved to be the stand-out moment of the broadcast.
UFC Prelim Ratings On FX To Date:
1. UFC 156 prelim ratings: 1,896,000 viewers
2. UFC 148 prelim ratings: 1.8 million viewers
3. UFC 145 prelim ratings: 1.6 million
4. UFC 144 prelim ratings: 1.5 million
T-5. UFC 155 prelim ratings: 1.4 million
T-5. UFC 143 prelim ratings: 1.4 million
7. UFC 146 prelim ratings: 1.3 million
8. UFC on FOX 5 prelim ratings: 1.2 million
9. UFC 153 prelim ratings: 1.0 million
10. UFC 149 prelim ratings: 1.0 million
11. UFC 154 prelim ratings: 980,000
12. UFC 150 prelim ratings: 974,000
13. UFC 147 prelim ratings: 969,000
14. UFC 152 prelim ratings: 955,000
15. UFC 142 prelim ratings: 880,000