The UFC’s special press conference prior to tonight’s UFC 168 event in Las Vegas was used to unveil the promotion’s their new ‘UFC Fight Pass’ internet subscription service.
See the keynotes from the presser below.
– Six shows in Asia and six in Europe will air on the new ‘UFC Fight Pass’ service in 2014 and will airing in primetime for those regions.
– UFC: Singapore on January 4th will be the first event to air live on the new ‘UFC Fight Pass’ service.
– Lorenzo Fertitta claims it’ll give fans more access to thousands of hours of content, more than any other sport in the world.
– 150 live fights will be made available exclusively to ‘UFC Fight Pass’ including Chael Sonnen Vs Wanderlei Silva from Brazil.
– All the UFC’s content (including all the way back to UFC 1) will be available, plus Strikeforce, WEC, PRIDE, Elite XC and more.
– Dana White says that this is former UFC UK CEO Marshall Zelazniks ‘baby’.
– ‘UFC Fight Pass’ will be free for everyone until March 1st, and thereafter will cost $9.99. It can be found at UFC.TV.
– It’ll only be available in the U.S, Canada, Australia and New Zealand to begin with, but will go worldwide eventually.
– There will be original content on the service above and beyond the live events, including real-time video blogs and behind-the-scenes access.
– Fertitta says now that they are able to broadcast more events in regions like Europe and China in primetime, broadcasters and advertisers who never showed an interest before (due to the UFC’s regular events generally airing at unsocial hours in those regions) are suddenly contacting them to see how they can get involved.