Dana White appeared on the latest edition of Fuel TV’s ‘UFC Tonight’ to talk about a number of the big talking points in MMA currently and dropped a few interesting tidbits along the way.
Read our quick rundown of the keynotes below and scroll down to watch the full interview for yourselves.
– An Anderson Silva Vs Chris Weidman title fight could be next up, with White saying it’s one of a couple of different options that they are looking at.
– ‘Rampage’ Jackson isn’t a free agent yet – the UFC now has a three month period in which they can match any offer from other promotions. White isn’t willing to rule out the possibility that the former champion could still remain with the UFC.
– Dana is pretty angry about the legal wranglings from Bellator that are preventing the UFC from signing Eddie Alvarez and says there’s no way the two offers from the promotions are equal. He points out that the UFC’s prelims on FX pull bigger ratings than Bellator has so far on Spike TV, never mind the millions more that they get on FOX.
– The UFC are now in contract talks with Josh Barnett.
– White doesn’t think that Cris ‘Cyborg’ Santos wants to fight Ronda Rousey and has no plans to introduce a woman’s 145lb weight class. He describes the whole situation as being “weird”.
– The UFC pulled good numbers on FOX this past weekend with a 125lb flyweight title fight in the headline spot and White says a 115lb division will eventually make it’s way to the UFC, especially as they move into markets like Asia and Mexico.
– Despite revealing at the weekend that last year the UFC were on the verge of putting on a Fedor Vs Lesnar superfight, White doesn’t believe that the Russian star will be part of a rumored UFC: Russia show later this year as he’s now officially retired.
– If the UFC does another stadium show it will be held either in Canada, the US (Dallas Cowboys Stadium) or Brazil. Right now they have nothing planned in that regard though.
– White goes off on another rant about The Culinary Union who he describes as “dirty gangsters” who have prevented the UFC from becoming legal in New York due to their influence with politicans in that area.
– Despite stating his dislike for Justin Timberlake recently, claiming he ignored his kids at an awards show some time ago, White reveals that the singer personally phoned him to apologize and the two are now pals.