Dana White appeared on the latest episode of the Inside MMA show on AXS TV where he was asked about a number of current hot topics in the sport by Bas Rutten.
Read our keynotes below or scroll down to watch the interview for yourselves.
– White believes that Scott Coker will be a “much better fit” for Bellator than Bjorn Rebney was.
– He believes that the Nevada State Athletic Commission are going to “bury” Wanderlei Silva for avoiding a pre-fight drugs test.
– Jon Jones claims that he was bullied into taking on a rematch with Alexander Gustafsson, but White says they are in the business of making fights and that’s what they do. He also thinks that if Jones wants to be consider the best of all time then you have to take on all-comers, not pick and choose your match-ups.
– Regarding Jose Aldo being unhappy with his pay, White says that everybody feels like they should be earning more money. He does believe that Aldo can be one of the biggest stars in the UFC, but it’s up to him to “make people care and want to buy his fights.”
– Johny Hendricks is also on the show and asks Dana if he’s consider putting on a superfight between himself and Chris Weidman if he can win a few more fights.
White pretty much shoots him down on that one, pointing out that there’s a lot of challengers in the welterweight division at this moment in time, so he’s got “a lot of cleaning up to do” before he can think about moving up to fight Weidman.