UFC And WWE Merger Under TKO Parent Company Now Official

It’s been known for some time that the UFC’s owners Endeavor were planning a merger with WWE to create a new premium sports, entertainment and media company named ‘TKO Group Holdings Inc’, and today it was made official at the New York Stock Exchange.

Endeavor holds a 51 percent stake in the new company, while WWE shareholders own the other 49 percent. Endeavor CEO Ari Emmanuel will lead the new company, while WWE’s Vince McMahon will be the executive chairman for TKO as well as the wrestling outfit. Meanwhile, Dana White will continue his role as the head honcho over at the UFC, while WWE’s

Despite the UFC and WWE now being part of the same family, both companies will continue to be run independently.

“The creation of TKO marks an exciting new chapter for UFC and WWE as leaders in global sports and entertainment,” Ari Emmanuel said in a statement. “Given their continued connectivity to the Endeavor network, we are confident in our ability to accelerate their respective growth and unlock long-term sustainable value for shareholders. With UFC and WWE under one roof, we will provide unrivaled experiences for more than a billion passionate fans worldwide.”

This is the culmination of a decades-long partnership between Endeavor and WWE across strategic initiatives including talent representation and media rights,” Vince McMahon’s statement reads. “Given our collaborative, trusted relationship and Endeavor’s incredible track record of success growing UFC, we believe WWE is optimally positioned for future growth and success as part of TKO. Our focus remains on delivering for our fans across the globe as we take the business to the next level alongside UFC and Endeavor.”

Ross launched MMA Insight (previously FightOfTheNight.com) in 2009 as a way to channel his passion for the sport of mixed martial arts. He's since penned countless news stories and live fight reports along with dozens of feature articles as the lead writer for the site, reaching millions of fans in the process.