Walt Harris getting used to setbacks in the lead-up to an eventual fight with Alistair Overeem, having seen it cancelled on no less than three occasions so far, but he’s now hoping that he can finally get into the Octagon with him on May 16th.
“I’m hearing May 16 as a possible date that we could fight,” Harris told MMA Junkie. “He’s here. They have him quarantined right now. I’m hoping that it goes through. Every day is day-to-day. Some days, you never know. You could wake up and everything is going great. The next day, everything changes.
“We’ll see, man. I’m just trying to stay as ready as I possibly can during this time. Hopefully the fight will happen, man. It’ll be a great honor to get in there and fight Alistair.”
Harris went on to admit that life has been something of a rollercoaster ride for him, especially in recent times, but that he’s remaining focused on the task at hand.
“It’s frustrating from a personal standpoint as far as a fight and my career, but it’s a part of life,” Harris said. “Like you alluded to, I’ve been through a lot of things in my life. It’s just part of it, man. I think God does things on his own terms, so I don’t get stressed out about things. I just try to do my best to stay ready and stay focused and be ready when my number is called. It’s part of the process and my journey to the UFC – ups and downs. It’s nothing new. I just stay focused and keep going.”