The fighter salaries resulting from Saturday night’s ‘UFC On FOX 8’ event have now been released and show that Robbie Lawler was the evening’s top earner with $156,000.
That’s partly a reflection of Lawler’s veteran status in the sport, and also the fact he’s likely still tied to a generous deal from when he was with the Strikeforce promotion.
Despite not featuring on the main card, Melvin Guillard was next up with $88,000, followed by Ed Herman on $74,000 and another ex-Strikeforce fighter Jorge Masvidal who took hom $66,000.
Though he’s been a champion for some time now and was making his second headline appearance on FOX, flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson was only joint fifth on the paylist alongside Danny Castillo on $58,000.
Spare a thought for undercard fighters Jessica Andrade and Trevor Smith though who each took home just $8,000 following their defeats on the night.
- Demetrious Johnson: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus)
- John Moraga: $17,000
- Rory MacDonald: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus)
- Jake Ellenberger: $52,000
- Robbie Lawler: $156,000 (includes $78,000 win bonus)
- Bobby Voelker: $12,000
- Liz Carmouche: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
- Jessica Andrade: $8,000
- Jorge Masvidal: $66,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus)
- Michael Chiesa: $15,000
- Danny Castillo: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus)
- Tim Means: $12,000
- Melvin Guillard: $84,000 (includes $42,000 win bonus)
- Mac Danzig: $30,000
- Daron Cruickshank: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
- Yves Edwards: $21,000
- Ed Herman: $74,000 (includes $37,000 win bonus)
- Trevor Smith: $8,000
- Germaine de Randamie: $18,000 (includes $9000 win bonus)
- Julie Kedzie: $9,000
- Justin Salas: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
- Aaron Riley: $14,000
- Yaotzin Meza: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
- John Albert: $10,000